Monday, September 24, 2012

My Pottery Barn Husband

I'd like to begin with this statement: I love my husband, he is the most amazing man I've ever met and I will never dream of another. He is charming like a snake and sexy as a beast!

Ok, now I can divulge in to his dirty little secret.

When Sean and I were married we moved into an adorable little single bedroom apartment. It was cozy and quaint and offered us just what we needed in order to save for our first house. We had a plan, a very well thought out plan of how our future would map out. We would live small, work hard, and save save save in order to purchase a home in a few years and begin a family. Then a surprise visitor entered our lives. A tiny little bump in my belly that would soon turn into a person. A real live person that required food and shelter. We were now on to plan B: Hurry up and find a house before I become too big to move into it! So after two weeks of looking we found the perfect house, and one month later it was ours! By the time we moved in I was seven months pregnant.

It wasn't long before we began to decorate. And when I say "we" I mean Sean. He showed me a side of him that I had not been given the opportunity to see before. He was suddenly "Bobby Trendy" floating around the house talking about shapes, color schemes, patterns, and knickknacks. He said, "Angela, leave it to me, I have a better eye then you. I've seen how you kept your room at your parents house."

(Bitch!) However, he did have a point. My room still had my high school pompoms and troll dolls on display. So I let him do his his thing. His totally masculine/heterosexual thing.

Suddenly the price of everything was the most important aspect of the whole process. Most husbands would appreciate when his wife buys things on sale or at a discount store, not my husband. When I brought home a beautiful painting from Ross, he said, "Absolutely not. Our home is going to be filled with quality stuff." So I exchanged it for another painting and told him it cost $500. It's now hanging proudly in our loft.

Pottery Barn has become our second home. I think I owe them my first born son (we are still working out the deal). They know my husband by name, and me by the girl who secretly photographs their displays and darts off to Home Goods to replicate them.

To conclude, my house is faaaabulous, and I have my macho man hubby to thank! Love you hunny!!! kiss kiss!


Who would doubt his style?

This is how I decorate

Hi parents! Surprise!

He's got such style

She needs wiggle room!

Make sure you have space for my giant toys!

Let's renovate!

Does this outfit make me look fat?

Gender confusion

Mystical

He's got such flare!

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious with some hysterical pictures too! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete